- 4 old buckets filled with 4 volume parts sand and 1 part cement
- 2 pieces wood planks, 2 inch (5 cm) x 4 inch (10 cm) x 15 feet (4,5 m) long
- 12 feet (3,80 m) metal water 1/2 inch pipe cut into 4 pieces of 2,5 feet (80 cm) and 2 pieces of 1 foot (30 cm). The long pieces need each a thread on one end and the two short pieces need threads on both ends.
- 4 x 90* female connectors (1/2 inch)
- shovel and spade
- spirit level
- 8 x 1 inch (3 cm) wood crews
- battery powered screwdriver
- 4 pieces empty water bottles
- 2 small pieces of wood 1 inch (3 cm) x 0,3 inch (1 cm) x 1 foot (30 cm)
- a saw, a chisel, a tape measure and a pencil
Cut the bottoms off the water bottles and shove one bottle over each long pipe so that the neck of the bottel is nearest the corner (connector).
Fix the second leg in the same way at a distance of 10 feet (3 m) where you buried the second pair of buckets. Place a wooden plank across both legs and ensure they are also level to each other (at the same height).
or you can call a Fundi in Lenana who builds excellent hives. His number is: +254(0)724-424 400